Tuesday 10 July 2012

Alphabet Cookies




James has suddenly started to show an interest in letters and numbers. So with that in mind, yesterday for our cooking session we made alphabet cookies. I have a huge stash of cutters for cake decorating so it was good to be able to use them. Since we were making them for a snack on the plane I wanted him to be able to play with them a bit as well as eat them. I also wanted them to have less sugar in them! I adapted the recipe that I used for my lolly pop cookies. So instead of using a cup of sugar I only used a tablespoon and to sweeten it up a bit I added a bit of apple puree. Ok so that is still sugar but it is a better sugar in my opinion. I didn't need to add the milk as it was wet enough with the puree. We had fun with the teeny shapes and my little taste testers like them so thats the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment